My favourite thing about this picture? My attention seeking double chin. “Pictures? Pictures! ME! ME! ME! CHEEEESE!” Don’t even ask me what that expression is about. I think I’m smirking at myself.
So, how did it come to this? It wasn’t always this way, you know. Previously I frequently dropped them off in slacks and heels, wearing makeup. These days I’m grateful if my hair is brushed and there are no obvious stains on my clothing. *sigh* You don’t really want to know how it came to this, so I’ll just jump into the play by play. What do we have here?
- Sunglasses- I wore them on the school run walk so thats why I’m wearing them in the picture. I love those sunglasses. Incidentally, wearing the sunglasses means I’m wearing contacts,means I’m not wearing glasses means at least some effort was made.
- White shirt, with lacy thing on top and frills on the sleeves- totally appropriate for an 8am walk to school, no? In addition to adding a bit of a glamour to the chore, it matches the white of my skirt and was pulled out of a pile of clothes beside the bed. The only clean white shirt left, and only because I’d forgotten about it until the moment I picked it up
- ankle length Bohemian wannabe skirt- because of all the weight I gained in the first half of this year, most of my wardrobe no longer fits me. Hence, I wear this elastic skirt a lot.
- Black Rocket Dog furry boots- it’s a nice day so not my first choice, & never the first choice with that skirt anyway, but couldn’t find my pretty gold sandals/flipflops/clogs? and we were running late.
- Black cardigan. Helps to hide my lumpy bits and huge ass. Matches the boots!
There you have it, a breakdown of the school run fashion victims wardrobe. Next time: The Do’s and Don’ts of Leggings.